Joe Aldred is an Ecumenist, Broadcaster, Speaker and Writer. He is responsible for Pentecostal and Multicultural Relations at Churches Together in England and a Bishop in the Church of God of Prophecy. He has an earned PhD in Theology from Sheffield University and is a regular contributor to The Preacher, and BBC Radio’s The Daily Service, Pause for Thought and Prayer for the Day.
Joe is author/editor of several books and articles including Preaching with Power, Praying with Power, Sisters with Power, Respect – understanding Caribbean British Christianity, The Black Church in the 21st Century, Thinking outside the box – on race, faith and life, From Top Mountain – an autobiography.
Joe is married to Novelette, a psychotherapist an NHS Chaplain. They have three grown-up daughters and four grandchildren.
- Co-President, Housing Justice
- Editor, Directory of Black Majority Churches UK (Online)
- Member, Reference Group Prison HOPE
- Member, Interfaith Network’s Community Forum
- Trustee, National Church Leaders Forum – a Black Christian Voice
- Trustee, Movement for Justice and Reconciliation
Academic and Professional Bodies
- Founding Chair of Black Theology in Britain: A Journal of Contextual Praxis, now Black Theology: An International Journal
- Former Vice President, Selly Oak Colleges
- Former External Examiner, Nottingham Trent University
- Honorary Research Fellow, University of Roehampton
Click here to check out my book store